Free Smoke Detector Program For Newbury Residences:
Are your smoke detectors working? It's important to test your smoke detectors monthly and change the batteries twice a year. If your smoke detectors are over 10 years old, it's time to upgrade your old smoke detector to a new one. The Newbury Volunteer Fire Department has partnered with the American Red Cross to offer Newbury residents the opportunity to have Kidde 10-year smoke detectors installed in their homes free of charge. The smoke detectors, up to three, are provided free of charge and priority is given to seniors and economically disadvantages individuals, but no one will be turned away.
If you are in need of a smoke detector for your home or have general questions about this program, please contact Firefighter Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please leave your name, address and phone number) and your inquiry will be followed up.
1. Up to three smoke detectors can be installed.
2. Smoke detectors must be installed by Newbury Volunteer Fire Department.
3. Resident will be required to fill out minimal paperwork when smoke detectors are installed.
4. Due to the fire department being volunteer, smoke detectors will generally only be available to be installed in the evenings.
5. Resident(s) are required to wear a mask when fire personal is in their home.
6. Please ensure pets are put away while fire personal is in your home.